Chime is dedicated to helping our members lead healthy financial lives. That’s why we offer an award-winning bank account that lets our members put their savings on auto-pilot and pays them to save, with no monthly fees. Hundreds of thousands of people use their Chime debit card and mobile app to make purchases, track spending, save for the future, and more. Our members love Chime and use it daily.
If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
At Chime, managing fraud is extremely important. Our goal is to keep our members’ accounts safe and provide them with uninterrupted access to their money while minimizing the company’s risk exposure and fraud losses. As a Fraud Risk Manager, you will play a crucial role in helping us achieve both of these goals by assisting us with differentiating between good customers whose accounts have been compromised and those who are being dishonest and trying to defraud us.
In this position you will manage and supervise the activities of the various teams involved in chargeback administration and payment disputes, including the accurate and timely processing of chargebacks and dispute resolution. In addition, you will analyze trends in the volume of disputes, chargebacks, and compromised accounts. You will serve as the primary contact for both internal and external contacts concerning consumer dispute activity as well as regulations surrounding the process, and will be relied on to be the expert in your role.
- Identify, initiate and support process improvements, solutions, projects ,and initiatives which will enable the internal teams to function more efficiently and effectively.
- Maintain an understanding of internal and external business partner needs and issues as well as how business processes affect satisfactory outcomes.
- Identify, initiate, and communicate product and process improvements with management, engineering and product teams to aid in product development and enhance our members experience. You should “own the process”.
- Resolve outside partner escalations to better align business practices and reduce potential financial impact.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal teams, as you’ll work closely together.
- Lead, coach and evaluate the performance of a team of 7-10 individuals (currently) to perform at a high level. You will also have to hire and train new team members as the business grows.
- Lead day-to-day operational oversight to ensure your team’s productivity and achievement of performance goals.
- Assist in special projects and ad-hoc assignments, upon request.
- Minimum 2 years experience with managing a team, preferably in financial services.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in claims, disputes, or chargebacks in a financial services.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication - you’ll need to speak with and write to internal team members, external business partners and directly to our members daily.
- Like a puzzle - you have problem solving skills, and the ability to make decisions based on logical reasoning.
- Thrive in a fast paced and goal oriented environment.
- Up for taking feedback and implementing goals to make improvements.
- Experience in Zendesk or other CRM is required.
- Competitive salary based on experience, with medical and dental benefits.
- Free snacks and drinks (beer and wine on tap!), plus catered Wednesday lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- Dog-friendly office.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in fintech and help create a completely new kind of bank.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your bio cover letter and let us know why you’re perfect for the role!